Pharos Marine Automatic Power

Pharos Marine Automatic Power

Automatic Power Inc

Originating in 1947 as The Lighthouse, Inc., API provided aids to navigation for the first oil rigs of the coast of Texas. By 1966, the company had expanded to five separate entities throughout the world, and in that year merged with Wallace & Tiernan. A subsequent merger of Wallace & Tiernan and Penn Salt Company formed the Pennwalt Corporation, making Automatic Power a division of the larger group. In 1989, API merged with Pharos Marine, making the combined group a world leader in the field. Today Automatic Power/Pharos Marine is a Portfolio Company of Toxaway Capital Partners and has strategic locations throughout the U.S. and overseas, as well as a worldwide network of agents and distributors.

Pharos Marine 

Named after the famous lighthouse that stood on the Isle of Pharos in Alexandria, Egypt, Pharos Marine began making aids to navigation more than 100 years ago. The company’s founder, Gustav Dalen, had a distinguished career, winning a Nobel Prize when he introduced a system of acetylene gas lights capable of operating for a year without service. Pharos Marine has provided products for some of the most famous navigation projects around the world, including the first buoys for the Panama Canal. Now partnered with Automatic Power, Pharos Marine operates worldwide from offices in London, Stockholm and Singapore.

Pharos Marine Automatic Power Homepage